The Sea Mosque
The mosque opposite the marine building was built in the 18th century for Muslim fishermen. From 1950’s the antique museum of Tiberias is located in this building activated by the archaeologists Zvia and Reuven Rabani.
The Ancient Walls of Tiberias
These walls were built at the 18th century by Sheikh Dahar El Omar. The wall was ruined in an earthquake at 1837 and was partly reconstructed. According to tradition, the remnants of a synagogue are buried under the church’s complex.
Maimonides- one of the greatest Jewish thinkers in all ages. On both sides of his tomb are 14 columns, that represent his work Mishne Torah. The tomb is in a red metal construction symbolizing the fire that ran through his body.
The Mothers Tomb
According to tradition are buried side by side Yoheved, Aharon’s mother, Miryam Moses’ sister and his wife Tzipora. The tomb is near King Solomon Hotel in Hashomer Street. To this tomb come women who want to give birth to a child.
Rabbi Meir’s Tomb
R. Meir was one of the most known sages in the fourth generation of Tanaim, one of the leaders after Bar Kochva Revolt. The tomb is located at the southern entrance to Tiberias. The synagogues at place are from the 19th century.
Maimonides Legacy Center
- +972 (0)4-6790632, +972 (0)52-4338976
Maimonides Legacy Center operates the visitors’ center that is located near Maimonides tomb. In the visitors’ center you can see Maimonides’s fascinating life and his spiritual splendid legacy using different means.
Hamat National Park
Located in the southern entrance to Tiberias. On site were found the remenants of an ancient city named Hamat that includes a beautiful mosaic floor from the 4th century, 17 healing springs and a splendid Hamam named after King Solomon.
The Archaeological Park
In the archaeological park are archaeological findings of a synagogue from the 6th century. There is also a reconstruction of a mosaic in which the Jewish motives can be seen. In the center of the park there is a Crusade building.
St. Peter Church
A catholic church built in the 11th century, the time of Tiberias’ conquest by the Crusaders. The church is dedicated to St. Peter which is Shimon Bar Yona, one of the fishermen in the Sea of Galilee that was anointed as Jesus’s heir.
Dona Gratzia Complex
The complex includes a number of historical buildings. At the end of the street is the first Tiberian hotel built in 1886. After that is Yaskil Gallery, Bet Hasaria with a big arch in the front. On the right there is a long basalt building.